What chain ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What chain ??

Post  Creative Native on Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi
Desperately need some help, I'm on the final stages of a LUI 50C re-build using parts from Rimini Lambretta, who are absolutely useless when it comes to communication Evil or Very Mad

For the last 6 days I've sent countless e-mails to Rimini Lambretta, who have not responded to a single one.

Anyway, in a nutshell the original 50cc engine has been fitted with a Casa 75cc kit (X3), close ratio gear cluster (X168) and a 13 tooth front sprocket (X28).

I was led to believe from the Rimini Lambretta website, that the required chain was a 74 link chain (M141z), which I duly purchased. However, the chain is the same length as the original item fitted to the standard 50cc arrangement and does not fit the mods fitted above.

Can someone please offer advice on the correct chain required?

Creative Native

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What chain ??

Post  Scooter Paul on Fri May 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Speak with 'Patch' at Scooter Surgery. He has done a lot of work converting 50's into 75's.
Scooter Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Creative Native on Fri May 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how I get on Very Happy

Creative Native

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Creative Native on Tue May 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Spoke to Patch at Scooter Surgery, he is a very knowledgeable chap. In a nutshell, for peace of mind with the 50cc to 75cc conversion, he advised fitting a 75cc crank, which necessitates fitting a different mag housing + much else!!

Patch had most of the necessary components, including the correct length chain, Scooter Restorations supplied the mag housing.

Happy days Very Happy

Creative Native

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top