NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

Post  trotsky on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi all, I have decided to sell my beloved Vega. Original British registered 2nd December 1968 by DH Motors in Redhill Surrey. It has had 4 owners in the Surrey area with the 4th owning it from April 1974 until i bought it in March 2005. It had been stored in a shed for nigh on 30 years because of a hairline crack to the casing between the endplate studs (a common Luna problem).
I got the casing welded up, put in a new set of clutch plates, springs & oil, put new points & condenser in, re-cabled it & put new tyres & tubes on & have enjoyed her ever since!
I have only ever done the barest minimum to her so as to leave her as original as possible as can be seen by the Pix, I haven't even re-furbished the seat cover & foam -just rode her as is!
She is not the fastest thing in the world but is certainly nippy enough around town & I have happily ridden her long distances. She has given me many miles of pure fun & has been beautifully behaved! The only thing that does not work is the speedo - it used to, but tbh I have not bothered to look at, it is probably something that can be rectified simply. She is MOT'ed til Mid August 2018.
I am the registered keeper & still have the original Green Buff logbook as well as 2x steering lock keys (cut by Jem Booth).
 She comes with an original spare wheel carrier-rack that has been powder coated-complete with spare wheel, as well as an Original Accessory floor mat
 I think it would be quite hard to find a more genuine & complete running British Vega out there than this one that you can simply get on & enjoy.

The price is £2300 which I believe is fair.

I have plenty more pix if required. The Vega is located in the North East. Any more info or questions please PM me.

The Vega is advertised on the LCGB site also......Regards Steve.

Last edited by trotsky on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
trotsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

Post  Snails on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

I'd buy it if I had the money. Lovely example
Snails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top