Silent block?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent block?

Post  Matt Rego on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Has anyone made a set of custom silent blocks for a Vega? I'm planning on retrofitting a Yamaha R1 shock for my rear end , but i'd like to upgrade my engine mounts while i'm at it.

Matt Rego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent block?

Post  daz.h on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 pm

matt, i dont know of anyone with a silent block removing tool, other than scooter restorations which is for the j range.
it's quite possible you can use the sunny silent blocks which will fit in, however, they have a 16mm engine bolt and not 14mm as in the vega, so the frame would need to be drilled and a suitable engine mount bar and distance piece sought.
you are in a fortunate posistion in that greg clauss is also in the U.S.A and he has made silent blocks before, and might make you something, but vega's tend to vibrate somewhat, so anything made of stronger stuff than the normal rubber will only add to the vibration (ie: polyurathane bushes).
darryl milnes had a vega with a ts1 motor fitted and he had a yamaha rear shock on his, i have just googled vega ts1 and a picture of it is on there.
i'm sure he could be contacted quite easily though through the lambretta club of great britain web site.
regards,
daz.h
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top