Cometa rusteration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cometa rusteration

Post  lammievega on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 pm

[img][/img]

Finally starting to come together after a long hard struggle. I can honestly say i'm a masochist attempting to put yet another Luna line back on the road. This is my fourth (two vegas and two cometas) and it certainly gets harder and harder every time.
Bought this as a project around May and the initial excitement started to dwindle within weeks with the knowledge that the nigh on impossible parts would have me searching high and low, from Yorkshire to Lancashire, Malta to Italy, Germany to Australia!

[img][/img]

I know the photos are not the best... I'll try and get some decent ones on here in the future.
Massive thanks, in no particuar order, go out to Trev Tingle, Siobhan, Jem, Dean at Rimini, Staffy, Daz H and Pete Davies. You're all stars Smile

The scoot will have to be re-registered unfortunately. I spent hours trawling the net for a clue to it's previous life but all to no avail Sad . I still have a way to go (headlamp rim again!!) and a few odds and sods but well on the way now.

By the way, i have my enthusiasm back now haha Very Happy

Jim

lammievega

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cometa rusteration

Post  daz.h on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:16 pm

very nice jim, i assume that the paint is original? i would be tempted to get it colour matched if it is, as nowhere seems to be able to provide the correct red colour.
when i did my red vega i used rosso red, measured out correctly by dave sidebottom who used to work at af/ rayspeeds, and when compared to original red machines it seemed a mile off.
that said i also got some yellow ochre done for a lui at the time and that was too orange, but again, measured to the lechler scheme.
since then i took my own advice and got original panells colour atched and hence why i now have a gp and vega in yellow ochre (mondust yellow)
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PanosK on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:56 am

Nice project Jim.
Hope everything goes smooth with the resto Very Happy
PanosK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lammievega on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks Panos Smile

Slowly getting there haha!!

Thinking of investing in one of those varitronic systems from Cambridge Lambretta. Anybody have any experience with these? They're pricey that's for sure.
lammievega

View user profile

Back to top Go down

varitronic

Post  ricey on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 am

hi mate
put varitronic on vega and what i difference, starts first kick every time, and 12 volt lights Very Happy
got mine from armandos cheaper than everywear else , fit and forget Smile
cheers iain
ricey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum