Rear light terminal cover

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rear light terminal cover

Post  Thackers on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:49 am

Idea One thing i found to get over covering the electric terminals on the rear light is a rubber cap from a cars H.T lead. I went down the scrapyard and looked for a right angled cover (some makes have slightly differing angled caps) Having found the right one it's just a case of taking out the internals with long nosed pliers. It is a bit of a squeeze getting the bikes wiring to fit but with no alternative out there it doesn't look out of place.
Idea Another scrapyard part: for those of us with rubber mounted carbs i found the carb too close to the chaincase side so i got some radiator hose from a car which fits perfectly to my 26mm Dellorto. If you look for hose with a slight bend in it that can be used to angle the carb out of the kickstart area too.
Idea Something else i found was standard clutch springs will fit into a vega so will uprated springs to avoid clutch slip (this may be common knowledge) Wink
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rear light terminal cover

Post  daz.h on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:43 pm

i have been having a sort out today and found these, they are from a vespa, i think there from the rear indicators.
they are too big to fit over the vega rear light terminals, but fits nicely through the number plate /light holder, and once the gasket is placed between the light unit and the holder it should provide a nice seal, certainly dont look out of place and easy to get hold of cheers

daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top