i have made a cock up .help .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i have made a cock up .help .

Post  NIGE on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:39 am

new piston came today i was going to try. i must have read spec wrong .rushing.the gudgeon pin is 2mm smaller in diameter than j range.can i get around this by bushing conrod and using smaller little end.also one of the piston.ring pegs is visible through inlet .i was looking at a tzr piston and pegs look to be in same place. info help please. if piston not usable no great loss as i got it at a bargain price. japanese tkr piston .suzuki 125tser fitment. if it can be fitted will require 1or 2mm packer
NIGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i have made a cock up .help .

Post  daz.h on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 pm

ring pegs over portsare not ideal, especially the inlet, where something is coming againt them where as the exhaust its going away from them.
that said my piston has the ring peg in the exhaust port, fortunately its central, so un likely to spring arart as it might if close to the edge of the port.
idealy i would also lightly chamfer the edges of the port to prevent any snagging.

as for bushing of the rod, i cant say, i would have a word with simon (littlemoon) he likes messing with con rods and cranks, and from what i've seen is rather good at it.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 am

thanks daz .very clever man with cranks . i am going to do tzr conversion now and going to leave it to the experts.
NIGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top