Whats this

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whats this

Post  Snails on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 am

http://www.olimpiaparts.it/product_info.php?products_id=1050

Just wondering if I need one for my bitza. Is it seperate to the throtle housing?

Never stripepd a headset so dont know the ins and outs of it
Snails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats this

Post  Thackers on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:08 am

This slider sits inside the throttle housing at the bottom. The cable comes to it from the carb, on one side is a raised tongue that is horizontal on the block. This tongue goes into the throttle tube which has a corresponding slot so when you turn the throttle it slides the block along and opens the carb. I cant understand whty they used such a cack handed way of throttle, i have a brass slider and had to buy a remade tube, after much grinding and filing i managed to get them to work together but the action is notchy at best and the throttle doesn't snap shut on it's own. I think that's why you see a lot of quick action throttles on todays Lunas
Also if you choose the original method you need a tube at 45 deg at the back of the throttle housing to guide the cable outer to the right position Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks thackers. Sounds a pain. Now I have to have a think about whether to go the quick action throttle route. Would you still use the throttle housing if you did use this method?
Snails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 am

No, i dont think you would use the housing there wouldn't be enough room on the handlebar
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:57 pm

they are known as worms Laughing its a horrid set up, the pictured one looks like brass i think some got remade in brass and others in alloy.
they are a pain to get working well, and my current one took several hours of filling with grease and grinding paste while fitted to the carb so it could grind its own smooth way.
i will also possibly try a vespa clutch spring instead of the dellorto carb spring for the slide, might work, but probably not, .......... nothing ventured .........
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top