Hiya from the USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiya from the USA

Post  ScootersO on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 am

Hiya, Gene here from Scooters Originali in NJ (soon to move to Pennsylvania)

My significant other is Luna mad which suits me as I always wanted one as well.

We got a Vega in pieces, all stripped down and all the bits put in 1 box all loose. It looks like everything is there, but, as there are not a lot of Luna line models in the US (only seen 3 or 4 on the east coast) and this was the first Ive actually worked on, Id love to be able to post up some pics of parts and pieces to make sure Ive identified the parts correctly, and that I'm not missing anything important.

to top it off, I picked up a Lui as well, which was all together, and had intended to use it as a template for the Vega, but the person I bought it from took it apart for shipping with some cable cutters so cable routing, wiring etc all cut up. It also looks like some important bits either didnt make it into the box, or rattled off in shipping, so I cant quite use that as the template i was hoping for...

I wont be touching them for a month or so as I am moving my shop over the next month but plan to have more time and room once moved so would love to get these scooters running. So expect to hear more from me after the move.

thanks!
Gene
Scooters Originali
USA

ScootersO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiya from the USA

Post  Thackers on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am

Gene, nice one. Welcome to you and your Luna's. This is the best place to ask about any Luna related questions, there are some very well informed people vist here Cool Looking forward to the photos Cool Cool
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm

hiya gene .we can also direct you to people who may be able to help you with parts you may need Wink
NIGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScootersO on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 pm

NIGE wrote:hiya gene .we can also direct you to people who may be able to help you with parts you may need Wink

Thanks much Nige. I have some contacts but would appreciate options especially so I don't annoy the ones I know by begging too much for items they might not have lol

Ive got the engine stripped and media cleaned. I sourced a replacement mag flange (old one broke when removing it, as they do) and Ive got seals and gaskets ready, got a piston from ebay and cylinder is ready, just need time to start reassembly. Big worry of mine now is the crank (is it any good) and the mag bearings. Not sure if I got the same mag flange as original so not sure if I need to track down matching parts. Will know more when I get it all unboxed and laid out.

ScootersO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top