Parts compatibility

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parts compatibility

Post  Scooter Paul on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:30 am

I've done a search here and elsewhere to find answers to some questions I have. I've decided to revisit some of the work I did a while ago on my ex Alan Keane racer. Alan owned it from 1971 but it was a year old when he got it. It already had a 125 top end but I now suspect it still has a 75cc gearbox (see wanted section!) One of the areas I was never too happy with was play at the mag end of the crank. My mag flange is marked 20.05.0014. What type is this? Roller or ball bearing ? Single or double oil seal? Are the bearings available. Is it the type you used to be able to buy as a complete assembly?
What I'm planning on doing is curing the slop in the crank and likewise on the layshaft/rear wheel bearing. Reboring, it already has a 57+mm piston (can't remember how much bigger) and sorting out the lighting issue that cropped up the other night on my way back from a local scooter meet. I'm determined to get this as mechanically sound to compliment the rest of the restoration.

Paul
Scooter Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parts compatibility

Post  daz.h on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:13 pm

paul, both types of mag bearings can be bought, so thats a good start.
i know that its possible to use a tv175 piston in a j range motor, but it leaves the skirt of the barell very thin.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks Daz. I spoke with Jem B yesterday and I've decided to have him work his magic on the engine. Although I like doing my own work it seems practical in the long run to drop it into him on my way up North to visit friends.

Paul
Scooter Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top