Oh my Lord

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh my Lord

Post  Thackers on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Prices are going crazy at the moment, even more than usual. Ebay recently saw a headlight rim fetch £93 a pair of footrests £122:shock: Shocked Mad  while a full Cometa engine only drew £122 topped of by a cometa at £2178.
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh my Lord

Post  mambonumber5 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:32 am

was that the dusty red one in London I missed the end of that sale was last at £550 when I saw it
mambonumber5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:47 pm

all down to supply v's demand unfortunately.
years ago I was been given Vega stuff as no one was interested in them, then as prices for the likes of gp's and sx's have gone through the roof, the Vega looked to be a bit of a bargain for some wanting a Lambretta at any cost, then like the rest of us no doubt started obsessing too much over them.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I know what you mean Daz about the obsessing bit (I spend too much time looking for vega related items) But for someone willing to pay that much for a light rim or footrests must be going to use them. They can't think paying that much, parts can sit and make a profit.
It's funny but no one ever comes on here and says they bought a bargain at £££££ off ebay.
There must be Luna owners out there who just stay on their own but in doing so does that make it harder for the rest of us, i.e no exchange of wanted/unwanted parts which would keep prices stable, not to mention the knowledge they have etc
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:08 pm

I get the odd bargain Thackers, but they are coming less and less as the years have passed by, its often the Vega parts that were fitted to other machines (not Lambretta) that I tend to look on if I need a certain part.
I have given many parts away, usually as I have been given them over the years, and as for my time, well if its Vega orientated then its yours for free Laughing 
remember coming round to do that crank of yours on my birthday Dave, with my wife almost ready to give birth ?
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 am

I most certainly do Daz, and also the fact that you lent me all the tools to get me out of a jam and I think that was only our 1st or 2nd meeting. I know i'm not the only one to benefit from your time and generosity.
On a slightly different line have you ever thought of getting the light rims re-made? Perhaps if it was possible but too pricey other members might chip in to make it a reality, thus parts for us and to sell on. It might be possible for other parts too. I'm perhaps expecting too much of other folk but just think of the possibilities. I know the Luna market is small but there is always a demand especially when it comes to those rims
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Thackers, I sent a light rim away years ago as a sample, and was told they were too thin to be just folded from thin steel and welded into shape without distortion, they will originally have been pressed out.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Wow 122 for the foot pegs. I'm almost tempted to sell mine.
Snails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top