PHBG Carb set up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PHBG Carb set up.

Post  Godfrey too on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Has anyone tried using a dellorto PHBG Carb on a standard 75cc engine and if so what atomiser and needle numbers have you used. Not having much luck with people answering my posts recently but here is to hoping.

Godfrey too

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PHBG Carb set up.

Post  Thackers on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Sorry Godfrey the PHBG carb is strange to me, I use a 25mm phbl on my 135cc. Perhaps if you ask in the tuning pages you might get a answer. Other than that you do a search on L.C.G.B and see if you find anything there Sad 
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

phbg carb set up

Post  itsjoeyfontane on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:30 pm

..25phbl on mine......
itsjoeyfontane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gc on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 pm

26 PHBH so no help on that one either.
gc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfrey too on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:56 am

I can source a PHPL 22 AS carb which is the clamp on model and should fit straight on a standard manifold and I may try this later.

I already have PHBG 19mm carb which I will convert to 2 stroke. I will try this first as this seems to be the carb of choice for most modern sub 100cc 2 stroke engines.

The standard SH1/20 I have may be worn and seems to be very sensitive with regard to the amount of air volume it will work with.

I expect most people which alternative carb set ups are running tuned engines which is not really where I want to go with my engine at present. Thanks for responding I will let you know how I get on with the PHBG.

Godfrey too

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfrey too on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:15 am

It turned out the carb I had was in fact a 21mm. It was very easy to convert to 2 stroke by changing the atomiser and bush.

Tried it today with promising results. Significant increase in power over the original SH1/20 which was fitted and it works without the original air box.

Currently set up with:

50 Slide (May tick over better with a size 40)
W6 Needle (clip set second from top)
60 Choke jet
262AU Atomiser
75 Main jet
50 Pilot jet

Not able try it over a longer distance today as it is pouring with rain. The scooter pulls better in all four gears and most important is able to pull 4th gear easily. Still some fine tuning to do but very pleased so far.

Godfrey too

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top