Lui 50 cl Throttle set-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lui 50 cl Throttle set-up

Post  trotsky on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi All, Li Mick has asked me to post a picture of his Lui 50cl throttle set-up. Please see question from Mick below. I'm not sure about Lui's so wondered if anyone can help us Question ...Cheers in advance Steve & Mick.

hi steve,i have a stupid question you may be able to help me out with as this is the first lui i have built,the throttle has a chain drive on it by the handle then the throttle cable is attached to this,it works fine with no problems but on the pictures i have seen i cannot see any with a chain on like mine as i cant find a close up.is this normal,just wondered,thanks,Mick.

trotsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lui 50 cl Throttle set-up

Post  Thackers on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Doesn't look original to me, i thought they all had the worm block and throttle tube. Is it one of those quick action throttles with a bit missing exposing the inner workings
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  li mick on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:18 pm

hi Thackers,since i have noticed the difference between the throttle set ups i have been taking a closer look and noticed a few more.you are correct about not being able to see the chain drive on others as the small number i have seen seems to have a rubber cover around them.this system works well and is smooth to use with no binding at all.thanks for posting it steve.it would be good to know how many are about.

li mick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Steve ................ That's not an original set-up mate although ive never own or worked on a Lui.

Its age related (maybe older) sort of quick action that dosent snap return if that makes sense .......... Ive got a couple fitted to machines

Will work perfectly well and you should be able to get it to return if well greased / oiled cable ect ........ Stretched carb spring Wink

Looks like Micks is missing the protection plate that fits over the linkage unless you have removed to take pics.
Weeks

View user profile http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Sorry Mick posted after your last reply ................ Yes its vintage after market set-up used on various motorcycles/scoots ect

Should work fine
Weeks

Back to top Go down

Post  li mick on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

thanks for the quick replies,yes it returns well i just have to look for a cover for it now Smile i just wondered what i had,thanks again all.

li mick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Sleight on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm

I have one of these on my 50CL as well. So it's an aftermarket throttle not original then?
Adam Sleight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Adam Sleight wrote:I have one of these on my 50CL as well. So it's an aftermarket throttle not original then?

Sorry as mentioned above I have no working experience / knowledge of the Lui model so cant confirm without some research (I doubt il ever get round to owning a Lui so this is unlikely) Wink

May well be original to the model Adam I just assumed they were a 2 wheel after market item and I may have unintentionally misled you .............. Someone will confirm either way (interested myself now)
Weeks

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Another picture Mick has found, this mystery thickens!

trotsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:48 pm

I've only had 1 lui before and the throttle was the same as the Vega type.
that's a new one on me, I've seen quick action types before, but nothing like that, but if it works then stay with it, as the Vega worm drive type can be temperamental.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top