Latest Project

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  lammievega on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

I recognise that frame :-). The banana yellow baby came as a 'bitsa' from a guy in Aldershot (A5's) and contained the 125cc engine that's now (possibly?) in Martin Weeks orange Vega. I have photo's somewhere which i'll have to dig out :-)
avatar
lammievega

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

vega

Post  lunaloon on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Its the best feeling when you get your paintwork back in the garage safe and sound Very Happy

keep up the good work Steve.
avatar
lunaloon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 50
Location : "No 65" Leamington Spa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  trotsky on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Cheers John. lammieVega yes I got the frame from Weeksy with no log-book, no issues I thought, i'll just get it re registered, A few days later I'm round another mates house who had bought a custom Vega called "Murder". Unfortunately the log-book he got with it didn't match the frame, so he was also going to do the same. Long story short, it turned out the log-book he had for Murder was for the yellow peril Shocked Shocked  - What's the chances!! Bonus is it's a 5 digit reg  cheers  .
avatar
trotsky

Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

log book

Post  lunaloon on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:27 am

Small world whats the chances of that happening Shocked
absolute bonus tho getting a 5 diget number,i have a vega project that the V5 i got with it does not match frame i wounder if its worth posting up a thread to see if anyones bike or frame matches my V5 and post my frame number for a matching V5??
avatar
lunaloon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 50
Location : "No 65" Leamington Spa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Scooter Paul on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 am

lunaloon wrote:Small world whats the chances of that happening Shocked
absolute bonus tho getting a 5 diget number,i have a vega project that the V5 i got with it does not match frame i wounder if its worth posting up a thread to see if anyones bike or frame matches my V5 and post my frame number for a matching V5??
It's not for the frame I bought by any chance is it?

Paul
avatar
Scooter Paul

Posts : 293
Join date : 2012-04-16
Location : Surrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Vega

Post  lunaloon on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 am

No sorry Paul.

Any more progress Steve?
avatar
lunaloon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 50
Location : "No 65" Leamington Spa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  trotsky on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi all, been in garage today. Got a rolling chassis now. Forks & front wheel in, leggies loosely on, headset put together with badge & rim to check for fettling now all painted. Need to cable up front brake to check/adjust fork bearings & then can crash on with it. Still waiting for head, so engine a little behind, but got all the wiring to do yet so plenty to keep me busy!! Wink

























Last edited by trotsky on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
trotsky

Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Thackers on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm

That is just so good. Cool Cool
avatar
Thackers

Posts : 733
Join date : 2010-06-26
Age : 55
Location : No 20 on Moonage Daydream Harrogate n.yorks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  gc on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Looking good Steve.
avatar
gc

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-02-19
Location : Darlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  lammievega on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 am

trotsky wrote:Cheers John. lammieVega yes I got the frame from Weeksy with no log-book, no issues I thought, i'll just get it re registered, A few days later I'm round another mates house who had bought a custom Vega called "Murder". Unfortunately the log-book he got with it didn't match the frame, so he was also going to do the same. Long story short, it turned out the log-book he had for Murder was for the yellow peril Shocked Shocked  - What's the chances!! Bonus is it's a 5 digit reg  cheers  .

Well that's incredible!! There must be a link to the guy i bought it from in Aldershot and the custom Vega. I'm not jealous....much haha!
Loving the project by the way Smile
avatar
lammievega

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  daz.h on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:00 am

very nice, love those front dampers.
avatar
daz.h

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 48
Location : york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  storkfoot on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Steve, that is an inspiration. Wow.

May I just ask, is there a Varitronic loom, or is it easy to just modify the existing loom?
avatar
storkfoot

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-01-03
Location : Merseyside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

loom

Post  boozee on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 pm

hi, i just got wiring loom from beedspeed made to fit vega with electronic ignition and front brake light connection.

boozee

Posts : 65
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

project

Post  lunaloon on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Steve thats looking Quality.... the speedo /dampers/ and hubs are really doing it for me! well done great work. Wink

cheers John
avatar
lunaloon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 50
Location : "No 65" Leamington Spa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  trotsky on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Cheers fellas, Paul, like Boozee i am also using the Beedy loom. Below is a scan of my very basic attempt to cut & stick over a Varitronic diagram onto the Vega Electronic one to make a Vegatronic Diagram, it was like a blue peter set - all scissors & tape   Embarassed Razz . This is how I'm gonna try & wire it up....hopefully  Shocked . All the diagrams are on Beedys site or I can email you it if any good? Also probably clearer that way. Hope this helps...Steve





Last edited by trotsky on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
trotsky

Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  daz.h on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:24 pm

what make are the front dampers ?
avatar
daz.h

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 48
Location : york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  trotsky on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Daz, BGM 60's slimline ones. MB sell them...
avatar
trotsky

Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Weeks on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 am

lammievega wrote:
trotsky wrote:Cheers John. lammieVega yes I got the frame from Weeksy with no log-book, no issues I thought, i'll just get it re registered, A few days later I'm round another mates house who had bought a custom Vega called "Murder". Unfortunately the log-book he got with it didn't match the frame, so he was also going to do the same. Long story short, it turned out the log-book he had for Murder was for the yellow peril Shocked Shocked  - What's the chances!! Bonus is it's a 5 digit reg  cheers  .

Well that's incredible!! There must be a link to the guy i bought it from in Aldershot and the custom Vega. I'm not jealous....much haha!
Loving the project by the way Smile

Hi Jim ............ Engine from the yellow vega not in the orange one as suggested in your earlier post Wink
Steve can enlighten but as you say their was an obvious link between the yellow vega and the custom one at some time Very Happy

avatar
Weeks

Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-07-12
Location : Darlington

View user profile http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

latest project

Post  gc on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 pm

"Murder" was mine, bought as un- finished project.
Whilst finishing it, I noticed the frame didn't match the logbook (it does now as I got it re-registered).
The engine matched (I think they were 50 apart) and as I am a bit funny (anal) with numbers, noticed the frame
that Steve had matched the logbook.
Long story short, the original 125 engine is in the re registered
bike now.
Long odds for this to happen, but it did!!
Gary.
avatar
gc

Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-02-19
Location : Darlington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  lammievega on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 am

Weeks wrote:
lammievega wrote:
trotsky wrote:Cheers John. lammieVega yes I got the frame from Weeksy with no log-book, no issues I thought, i'll just get it re registered, A few days later I'm round another mates house who had bought a custom Vega called "Murder". Unfortunately the log-book he got with it didn't match the frame, so he was also going to do the same. Long story short, it turned out the log-book he had for Murder was for the yellow peril Shocked Shocked  - What's the chances!! Bonus is it's a 5 digit reg  cheers  .

Well that's incredible!! There must be a link to the guy i bought it from in Aldershot and the custom Vega. I'm not jealous....much haha!
Loving the project by the way Smile

Hi Jim ............ Engine from the yellow vega not in the orange one as suggested in your earlier post  Wink
Steve can enlighten but as you say their was an obvious link between the yellow vega and the custom one at some time Very Happy



I'm just happy to see more Vegas on the road Martin Very Happy
I trust that the orange one is still going strong?
Hope all is well with you  Smile
Cheers,
Jim
avatar
lammievega

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  lammievega on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:43 am

gc wrote:"Murder" was mine, bought as un- finished project.
Whilst finishing it, I noticed the frame didn't match the logbook (it does now as I got it re-registered).
The engine matched (I think they were 50 apart) and as I am a bit funny (anal) with numbers, noticed the frame
that Steve had matched the logbook.
Long story short, the original 125 engine is in the re registered
bike now.
Long odds for this to happen, but it did!!
Gary.

That's great news Gary!
Looking forward to seeing it on the road Smile

Jim
avatar
lammievega

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  storkfoot on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 pm

trotsky wrote:... All the diagrams are on Beedys site or I can email you it if any good? Also probably clearer that way. Hope this helps...Steve



Thanks, Steve. That's fine, mate.
avatar
storkfoot

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-01-03
Location : Merseyside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Snails on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:36 am

I've got a Beedspeed wiring diagram for the custom loom they made me if your interested. There is a photo in my 'Show your ride post' or I can email it to you. That's if you want to make your own
avatar
Snails

Posts : 868
Join date : 2010-06-28
Age : 46
Location : Luna Base Alpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  storkfoot on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:02 pm

For the sake of paying Beedspeed £22, making my own looks like hard work, Ed. But thanks all for the heads up. Google reveals:

http://beedspeed.com/manuals/Varitronic%20Vega.pdf?osCsid=ekn5c1vpc4cgraeigeobjmp4d1

avatar
storkfoot

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-01-03
Location : Merseyside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Weeks on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:34 am

lammievega wrote:I'm just happy to see more Vegas on the road Martin Very Happy
I trust that the orange one is still going strong?
Hope all is well with you  Smile
Cheers,
Jim

Im pretty good thanks Jim Smile hope your well too ................... Good to see a healthy interest in the Luna range of late.
Just been catching up on past posts and sorry to see you sold your Cometa .......... Sadder still I missed the sale Neutral
Orange vega still hanging in there thanks Very Happy
avatar
Weeks

Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-07-12
Location : Darlington

View user profile http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Project

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum