Prices in the modern age

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prices in the modern age

Post  Patch on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 am

Hi All

I have now managed to unpack all my bits and bobs and have far more than I remember and wondered if anyone could help me price some doubles as things seem to have gone up a tad since I put it all into storage 10 years ago.

A complete 75 engine less exhaust
A Starstream Gearbox
A Starstream Crank
A starstream Barrel and head
Those are the bigger bits, there are some other barrels and bits and bobs to get rid of as well.

Thanks

Patch

Patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prices in the modern age

Post  Scooter Paul on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:33 am

All desirable Patch but condition is everything. For example a tatty, scruffy,corroded,leaky engine with busted threads would only be worth what you could get for the best parts. A clean, ready to fit engine with everything could be worth £500 to someone. Starstream parts are getting rarer now.

Paul
Scooter Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:36 am

Hi Patch, like Paul says your spares are desirable, but often timing is the key to selling.
I've seen starstream cranks go on Ebay for over £140 but recently on Ebay one of our members on here can't get any interest at £55. Perhaps sold as job lot with the emphasis on a total 125 conversion might get people thinking. Check out the Facebook pages for luna owners (not L.O.C) related though most of the people on there have joined up for reasons of their own but don't come on here scratch scratch Rolling Eyes It's worth checking out if you want to sell stuff. Best thing for you is you can wait until someone is desperate for the bits you have then you can name your money Cool
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:33 am

Thanks for that excellent advice it gives food for thought. I am on the Facebook page but Forums have so much more to give that Facebook when it comes to groups like this and I don't really understand why people would not use this first and the Facebook page as a backup but then I am fairly old and stuck in my ways. I'm in no rush to sell but I may put the engine on ebay and see what happens. It came from a running bike and has not been touched since. Engine is nice and free turning.

Patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:30 am

im sure it will be snapped up quickly, im interested myself.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:10 am

There are some similar items on Ebay right now, I think it's someone from here actually who's selling. You might get an idea of the value of your items. They are listed with very reasonable starting prices so people aren't put off straight away.
Thackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:21 am

Those parts on Ebay are me. I'm glad you think the prices reasonable, apart from the engine which started at what I paid for it 10 years ago i started to think the rest may have been a bit high. My hope with all the bits I will end up selling is to have enough to get most of the way to doing the Vega I have. The wife would like to spend it on a much needed holiday and she may be right so we will have to see.

Patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Dont forget the golden rule when talkng scooters to the mrs - everything you sold went for pennies and scooter parts cost practically nothin
Snails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:15 pm

I dread to think , that if anything should happen to me, that the mrs would sell the parts for the price I told her they cost me.
daz.h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top